I once gave myself a black eye – with a mince pie.
2. What is your nickname?
My family call me LouLou. It makes me feel like a French dancing girl.
3. What is your greatest fear?
4. Describe your writing style in ten words.
Short paragraphs, lots of dialogue, plus strong storyline and characterization.
5. Tell us five positive words that describe you as a writer.
Reclusive, over-imaginative, curious, inventive.
6. What book character would you be, and why?
Sam the cat in my ‘Sam and Albert’ books, because he has overwhelming self confidence without any worries or doubts.
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
The year 3000, to see how things are working out.
8. What would your ten-year-old self say to you now?
9. Who is your greatest influence?
My ten-year-old self.
10. What/who made you start writing?
The desire to escape.
11. What is your favourite word and why?
‘Serendipity’. It’s a pretty, dainty word and it’s meaning - a happy and unexpected occurrence - is such a delightful thing.
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Death of an Ancient King by Laurent Gaudé.
Visit Louise Elliott's website for more information about her books and other creative projects.
If you are an author or illustrator who thinks they are BRAVE enough to answer our questions,
OR if there is an author or illustrator you would like to hear from, LET US KNOW!
We will see if they are up to the task. Just email: susanATkids-bookreviewDOTcom