I use to hate tomatoes but now I love them
2. What is your nickname?
3. What is your greatest fear?
Big black rats
4. Describe your writing style in ten words.
A splash of rhythm, drop of rhyme, stirred with fun
5. Tell us five positive words that describe you as a writer.
Creative, Colourful, Choosy, Capable, Conscientious
6. What book character would you be, and why?
THE VERY HUNGRY CATERPILLAR because after eating so many yummy things, he simply turned into a beautiful butterfly.
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
1910 because life seemed grander in a ball-gown
8. What would your ten-year-old self say to you now?
“Are we there yet?”
9. Who is your greatest influence?
My greatest writing influence is Lynley Dodd
10. What/who made you start writing?
I was inspired by reading great stories to my own children and saw the joy it gave them… and still gives them
11. What is your favourite word and why?
HULLABALOO because it’s fun to say, it’s a good rhyming word and it describes my household!
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Coral Vass is a writer of children's picture books especially known for her amusing rhyming text. Visit Coral's website to find out more about her books and writing.
If you are an author or illustrator who thinks they are BRAVE enough to answer our questions,
OR if there is an author or illustrator you would like to hear from, LET US KNOW!
We will see if they are up to the task. Just email: susanATkids-bookreviewDOTcom