My own Grandma used to walk backwards down the stairs.
2. What is your nickname?
3. What is your greatest fear?
Big Spiders - it’s their Knees.
4. Describe your writing style in ten words.
Fun, quirky, charming, creative, amusing, simple, dark, entertaining, imaginative (I also like using alliteration).
5. Tell us five positive words that describe you as a writer.
Quirky, silly, childlike, imaginative, down to earth.
6. What book character would you be, and why?
Charlie from Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. He not only owns a whole chocolate factory but got to go into space in a Great Glass Elevator.
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
1988, it had the best music, then to 1992 so I could watch the Barcelona Olympics again.
8. What would your ten-year-old self say to you now?
Why have you got the same haircut.
9. Who is your greatest influence?
Quentin Blake/Roald Dahl and Lauren Child.
10. What/who made you start writing?
My friend’s children.
11. What is your favourite word and why?
Omelette. It’s just nice to say. It sounds kind of cute. It’s also yummy to eat.
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
If it’s to be a children’s book. Then The Twits. It’s really dark and mischievous while being really funny. If an older book then The Wrong Boy. It had me laughing and feeling sad all at the same time. It’s not a book for children though.
Izy Penguin's website to find out more about her books and illustration projects. You can read our review of Izy's book Grandma Bendy here.
If you are an author or illustrator who thinks they are BRAVE enough to answer our questions,
OR if there is an author or illustrator you would like to hear from, LET US KNOW!
We will see if they are up to the task. Just email: susanATkids-bookreviewDOTcom